Thursday, August 15, 2013

Read--a--Thon: Bout of Books 8.0

This is the post where I tell you I'm going to take part in another read-a-thon.

Bout of Books is a read-a-thon that is an extremely fun and set your own goals for yourself week long read-a-thon. Bout of Books 8.0 is taking place from Monday, August 19th until Sunday, August 25th. Set your own goals, have fun, talk with people participating and the people running the read-a-thon on twitter and have tons of fun. Sounds awesome right?

I was toying with the idea. No, yes, no, yes. And decided on 'why not?' So I'm definitely not going to be crazy like the last few read-a-thons I've done, but I hope to get some books read. Also, pretty much everyone is going off to college the next couple weeks so it's kind of hand out now time, before everyone leaves, but I hope I can get some read since I've been in a reading slump kind of since the last month.

I've participated in the Bout of Books read-a-thon, the first read-a-thon I ever did, and I love read-a-thons, always fun. So I hope if you're doing it too, you'll leave a comment so I can check out your blog or whatever you're posting updates on and I can procrastinate the reading I should be doing.

Bout of Books 8.0 blurb:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
- From the Bout of Books team

(I wrote this up quickly, with the beginnings of a cold, so I'm sorry about anything that's wrong with it. I checked it over, but I probably missed something. Anyway: read-a-thon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment