Monday, August 19, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0: Starts Today!

Yay, the beginning of yet another read-a-thon. I don't really have many goals for this read-a-thon, just actually get myself reading and out of this slump, would be great. It's going to be a much more relaxed read-a-thon, then the last couple where my goal was just kind of 'read everything I possible can.'

I won't have as much free time during this week as normal, so we'll see how it goes. And onto what goals I do have.

Goals:

  • read 200, if not 300, pages a day.
  • finish a book every other day, at least. (basically: finish 4-5 books this week if not more)
  • have fun and don't stress about not reading as much as normal for this read-a-thon, even though I like to try and one up myself from the last read-a-thon.

So this is the official first day of Bout of Books 8.0! My update of what I read today and such will go up on the blog tomorrow, it'll be same for the whole week, the day after the post will go up. And then in a week, next Monday, the post for the last day and a full wrap-up of the read-a-thon will go up. It's just easier then stressing and trying to get the post up before midnight.

Possible books that I could read:


  • The Monster Call's by Patrick Ness
  • Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean (maybe)
  • The Name of the Wind by Patrick Ruthfuss (it's so long But sounds so good)
  • The White Fox by James Bartholomeusz
All of those are kind of maybes, really, and I'm surrounded by books so whatever I'm feeling like, I'll probably just pick up and start reading. We will see how this goes. I hope everyone has a fun re ad-a-thon!

8 comments:

  1. I'm desperate to read Eleanor and Park! I still don't have A SINGLE RAINBOW ROWELL on my shelves, but I've heard so many good things and she sounds so far up my street she's practically on the doorstep. :)

    Have fun picking books, and reading books, and talking about books, and all the other lovely bookish BoB things!

    Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl
    http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about all of them but this is my first, sadly. I'm about 50% through Eleanor &Park right now and it's fantastic. Can't wait to read more!

    And thanks! :) Yay BoB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals! 200+ a day is what I'm shooting for as well.
    Eleanor and Park was pretty good and a fast read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goal buddies! Well I hope your BoB goes well! :))

      Delete
  4. Great list of books. This should be a lot of fun. Best of luck. Enjoy!
    -Dilettantish Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your goals! Enjoy your books. :)

    ReplyDelete