Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Read-A-Thon's On the Horizon!

There are two read-a-thon's coming up very soon. So let's split it up and start with the one that's closer, shall we?



Dewey's 24-hour Read-A-Thon. (April 26th)

It's a read-a-thon that goes on for, as you'd guess, a full twenty four hours. I never seem to be able to put aside those full twenty four hours or stay awake the whole time, but it's always a lot of fun and it starts 8am eastern time, but there's a page to find your own start time, it looks like it's got pretty much everywhere to me so you can skip that annoying and hard to do time zone math.

Also they just posted a list of recommended short books, which I thought was a good idea.
Direct link to the reader sign up
Direct link to the cheerleader sign up
Twitter




Bout Of Books 10 (Mid-May, May 12th - May 18th)

This is a read-a-thon that's a week long and takes place multiple times throughout the year. I can't wait for this one to start, already mulling over possible books to read, and it's probably my favorite one just because it's longer. Also - people in the hashtag on Twitter are so nice, as book bloggers are, and it makes those twitter chats a ton of fun.

The official Bout of Books blurb is right here:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
- From the Bout of Books team

Bout of Books' Twitter

If you're going to participating in one or the other, or both like me, then leave me a comment so I can check your blog out! I'm awful at remembering to go to people's blog during the read-a-thon times, normally because I'm trying not to go on my computer, but it's on my goal to be better at that this year (and it's always a ton of fun).

4 comments:

  1. Just like you, I'm doing both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for bout-of-books read-a-thon, I'm so excited bc is my first time around. Good luck to us!

    Deyse @ http://deysesays.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait, either. And good luck to you, too, I hope you have a ton of fun with your first BoB! :)

      Delete