Saturday, October 25, 2014

(Slightly late) #25hSanderson

The lovely Crini at All About Books and Elena (whose blog is in German, but pretty. Google translate failed me). Announcement post for this. This is part of their A Year of Reading Brandon Sanderson. This is, obviously, 25 hours of reading Brandon Sanderson books (whichever you want). I don't think I'll be able to go for it all, I know I won't since I didn't sleep well last night, but I'll try and go for a while.

I'll probably be mostly tweeting/social media-ing updates (Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads). However, I'm going to try and remember to - and there are questions.

Start: What book are you going to read and why?
I think Alcatraz book two, I read book one a little while ago and it was ridiculous and I loved it, so I'm excited for book two - and it'll be a quick, fun read. Hopefully. I don't know what after that - maybe Elantris.

+04h: Did you set yourself a goal for the read-a-thon? Have you read a Sanderson book before? If so, which one?
I didn't, because it was very last minute and ExtraLife is going on at the same time, and I always try to watch as much as the stream as I can because it's so much fun. And, of course, try to donate in some way (the RoosterTeeth poster this year was too good to pass up).
I have read quite a few of his books (The Way of Kings, Mistborn trilogy, Warbreaker, Steelheart, Rithmatist, The Emperor's Soul, Legion). I want to reread WoK before WoR - which I've been saying at this point for months but I think will happen in December or else.

+08h: Where do you read?
On my couch, mostly, there's a chaise part so I can lay down and relax.

Reading update: I've only read to like chapter four, I ended up taking a nap after getting to there and have yet to read anything further (soon). I'd like to finish at least this one for the read-a-thon, but I'm also enjoying reading what others are up to. (currently-reading Alcatraz #2).

+12h: Who is your favorite character so far?
As I'm reading Alcatraz #2 - probably Alcatraz, but I also really enjoy Bastille.

Edit: I did for the book I'm currently reading, or else it'd be probably a 5 paragraph essay.

+16h: What is your favorite quote from the book so far?
The Alctraz series has a very strange, fantastically weird sense of humor that's very Sanderson. (Speaking of, I've only read two chapters more then last update, and then I'm going to take a nap, and then I'll work on it, I promise. I'll finish it today, the 26th, I just don't know if it'll be before the time cut off).

(...) Dangerous, but unseen. (Kind of like those troublemakers who read fantasy novels).
And I'm sure there are a ton more, but they're mostly very long. I do really love this one, though.

+20h: Who would you cast as the main character(s) in the book?
Mmmh, I don't know? I mean he's a thirteen year old boy, I can't think of a particular person, but I'd definitely want the decription to match and the actor to be young himself, close the thirteen, and have the acting ability to pull of Alcatraz's personality.

End:  Did you enjoy your book? Any plans on reading another one soon?
I'm not quite done, I think I"m about 3/4th through it, at the moment, and I'm really enjoying it so far. And I'll definitely be reading another one soon - I want to keep going with the Alcatraz series and Elantris and then, like I mentioned, reread WOK and read WOR. I have anything he ever publishes or mentions publishing on my 'to read immediately' list.

Reading Update:
Almost forgot to mention the reading I got done - like I said, about 3/4th of the way. I'm reading from the bind-up of the series so I'm guessing/going by the chapters. Alcatraz is a very strange series of books that I really enjoy, but it definitely wouldn't be for everyone. Personally - I giggle to myself too much when reading it, which I'm not angry about at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment