Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Seven Deadly Sins Tag

I was tagged by Captivated Reader to do The Seven Deadly Sins tag. So there are seven questions themed around the seven deadly sins - simply enough, let's get right into it, then.

1.  What is your most inexpensive book? What if your most expensive book
Inexpensive? Probably a random book I bought at a used book store, but for a specific book I can't be sure. For expensive it's probably either Page the Screen (the Harry Potter book) or The Victorian Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls by Emilie Autumn (which I got on sale, but was still pretty pricey).

2. What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Mmmh, I'm not sure. As in some books of theirs I've liked and others hated? Because I can't think of any like that (maybe Holly Black? I either seem to adore her books or just eh).

Or as in them. Because Orson Scott Card comes to mind - I've mostly enjoyed what I've read by him, I think only two books, but I'd never want to meet him in person and possibly even support him by buying his books. (No, seriously, he's an asshole).

3. Gluttony - What book have you devoured over and over with no shame?
It by Stephen King - it might be the book I've reread the most (the single book, of course there's also the whole Harry Potter series, too). There was a span in middle school where the only thing I was reading was It over and over again. Some of his other books I've reread - they're just so intriguing and I get so attached to the characters.

4. Sloth - What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
I feel like I mostly neglect books just because of a state of: ohmygod so many books to read, so little time. so many booksomanybooksomanybooks. However - I've been currently-reading a few books for such a ridiculously long time, I don't understand why. The Queen of the Tearling, for instance, because I'm really enjoying - but I'm still reading it.

5. Pride - what book do you talk most about to sound like an intellectual reader?
None? I don't really feel like I do that, it's like the strange idea of being 'literally well read' that I don't believe in. I tend to talk about books I completely loved, and I know I talked about a few non-fiction books incessantly after finishing them, but because they were so good and interesting.

6. Lust - What attributes do you find attractive in a male and female character?
Male - respective of others, treats women like equals, smart, funny, open minded..... and a tragic, damaging backstory. What? I like my guy characters damaged, alright?

Female - strong, true to themselves, not just all about whoever their love interest is (seriously, stop), smart, funny, open minded, a kind of 'take no shit from these idiots' attitude is great

Also, like, nice/kind. I have a lot of opinions on characters, I guess.

7. Envy - What book would you like to receive as a gift?
Well I just bought way too many books over the weekend so - hold on the girls, question seven. But probably the new Firefly TP when it comes out in November. Oooh, or another Penguin Drop Cap edition (so pretty, they make a rainbow).

I can't think of anyone to tag because I'm still a bit brain dead from so much travel and from my brain clicking into NaNoWriMo panic/preparation mode or else I'd probably pick some people. If you'd like to do the tag, and you're reading this, then I tag you (because you're awesome, leave a comment letting me know if you do it).

1 comment: