Monday, November 17, 2014

Accidental 24in48 (a readathon) Wrap-Up (+ tiny updates)

Saturday I was just really struggling to write anything, I didn't know what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go with any of my stories. And this had been going on for a few days. So, Saturday, I took a break and only write 4k and then watched some people play video games. And then decided to read, because I haven't had a lot of time to read this much and I was miss it.

And I was seeing all these people going to be reading as much as they could over the weekend, so I thought I'd join in. I didn't end up reading for a long time, no where close to 24 hours, but I was able to finish a few books, start others, it was fun. And I'm glad I did it.

I got off the computer at about seven thirty on Saturday to read and I think I was 100 pages into White Cat - which I finished. And then picked up Red Gloves - finished. And then Black Heart - also finished. I read the whole series in about 7 hours, I want to say. I don't know how it happened, but if you know the books you know they're not that long, and I loved it.

I've learned I definitely enjoy series more when I just read them like that, one after the other. And maybe other people would like to take their time, and I definitely want to with some series, but others, that I know I'll like anyway, flying through them is so much fun. I love just being locked in that world and marathoning series has definitely become a favorite thing to do this year, I've always wanted to do it, but this year I've actually done it a few times.

Books:
White Cat (Curse Workers #1) by Holly Black - had already started, had been about 1/3rd of the way through, but finished it.
Red Glove (Curse Workers #2) by Holly Black - read start to finish
Black Heart (Curse Workers #3) by Holly Black - start to finish
Chew, Vol 3: Just Desserts by John Layman - a graphic novel, started and finished, and was a ton of fun

Time spent reading: 8 hours, 30 minutes

I wish I had been able to take more time to read, because I guess I technically failed the objective, but everyone else reading and posting TBRs definitely pushed me to read. And I definitely, actually, think it helped, because the only reason I haven't read anything more is because I've been writing since I woke up.

I really like this idea, though, reading 24 hours over 48, mostly because it involved sleep and I'm currently at the point where I really like sleep (the other point is thinking sleep takes too much time, too many things to do. Which can also be fun). I think I'll probably end up honestly trying to read for that time over two days in December, I'm kind of planning on most of December being about reading and blogging, I'm really excited about it.

What did you read this weekend? Did you participate? (WriMos - What's your word count?)

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, did you finish an entire series in a day?? I have only read White Cat but I liked what I saw.

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't know - it's like I was saving all my reading energy from not having the time. And then just inhaled the books.
      It was a lot of fun, con artists are fun, pretty much exactly what I wanted to read.

      Delete