Sunday, November 2, 2014

November TBR

I was, actually, considering not even making a post because NaNoWriMo - but I want to read this month and not just write. I want to write a lot and I have some ridiculous writing goals, but it's also a goal of mine to keep reading. And reading can help me write something, just to get out of my own head.

Saying that - I don't really know what I'm going to read, saying that. I'm still kind of in the horror mood, because I didn't get to read as much horror as I would of liked - but I also have a stack of recent releases that I've preordered and am super excited for all of them. Examples: Lock In by Scalzi (Old Man's War had cemented my love for him, saying that I could read The Ghost Brigades), Every Breath by Ellie Marney, Grace Helbig's book, Illusions of Fate, The Iron Trial, Snow Like Ashes - just a giant pile of books I want/need to get to because it's getting ridiculous and slightly terrifying.

And I'd like to read more of the Lovecraft book I'm working through and finished The Shining Girls, because it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to this month and I was really loving it. And also - graphic novels. I went on a bit of a graphic novel buying binge this month and I had bought some - and now I just have a backlog of them that is too big. So I'd like to read a few of them and they're quick, easy reads that are also fantastic and beautiful, so there are literally no downsides to them.

Also, I'm going to say it now, I don't know how much I'll be posting this month. I meant to pre-write a bunch of posts like an organized, mature, adult, and then life came out of fucking nowhere and I just haven't had the time or the energy to do it. It's been an insanely busy month and I've been exhausted, just worn out, for a very large chunk of it.

And November isn't going to make me feel less exhausted, by any stretch of the imagination. Hopefully, I'll be posting some stuff and I'd like to post weekly kind of 'wrap-ups' about my writing for NaNoWriMo. Though, of course, I'll be posting daily stats updates on my new Tumblr NaNo blog - I'll also probably be tweeting constantly.

If you're participating in NaNo - let me know! This is scheduled to go up the second so it's already started - off to a good start? Make sure to try and get ahead this first week to prepare for week two blues. (Also if you want to be my buddy on the site).

No comments:

Post a Comment