Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Want to Reread

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I don't normally do it, just because I can't normally think of enough things to fill up the list - but there are always books I want to reread. These aren't going to be in any particular order and keep in mind I've already read a ton of books this year.

Books to Reread Just for Fun:

It by Stephen King
I reread this book, normally, at least once a year. The first time I read it - I read it over and over for probably longer then is healthy and probably explains my complete obsession with King's books and the characters in them.

Harry, A History by Melissa Anelli
It's been a few years at this point and, since I've read it, a lot has changed - I've met Melissa a few times and a few LeakyCons have passed. I'm pretty sure I've already sold my soul to Melissa and I'm pretty sure I'm never going to regret it - and if you're confused she's a fantastic women who runs (with help, of course) LeakyCon and started TheLeakyCauldron (news/fan website) and is just all around kind of kickass.

Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
I also loved The Adventures of Huge Cabret by him - but Wonderstruck stuck with me more, I adored it to pieces when I read it and would love to reread it at some point and take extra time to savor it.

The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archives #1) by Brandon Sanderson
This could probably go below, because I definitely want to reread it before reading Words of Radiance even though I'm sure I could continue on without doing so. Not surprising since I just read this book a few months ago. But I wanted to put it here because....

 + Anything by Brandon Sanderson or Stephen King that I've already read (possibly also Scalzi)
This is the sign of my favorite authors - where when as soon as I finish something of theirs, I want to start it over again immediately. I've already reread some of Sanderson's books and I just started reading them last year. And King - I've reread the books I've started with countless times, and I'm starting to feel like I'm ready for a reread on pretty much all of them (even though he probably has like 50 books or whatever I haven't read), like Bag of Bones or Duma Key or Dreamcatcher.


Books to ReRead So I can Continue With the Series

Sandman, Vol 1 by Neil Gaiman
I mostly remember this book, but I don't want to keep going unless I have a complete understanding of it - because I might not and then I'd been confused and bewildered and annoyed at myself.

A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle #1) by Libba Bray
Part of a trilogy and I loved this book and for some reason never continued on and now - I barely remember any of it so I couldn't continue on until I read this one.

Soulless (plus the other two) (Parasol Protectorate #1-3) by Gail Carriger
A fantastic series that I didn't continue on with because of spoiler-y reasons - not because I didn't like it, just because I was scared of where it would go. I love this series, the characters. It's so rich and interesting.

Camille (Camille #1) by Tess Oliver
I didn't actually realize, or just remember, that this was a series until I went to go look it up. I read this in 2011 and I just remember really loving and enjoying the whole thing and wanting more. To be fair, it's a pretty short book and apparently there is more, but I'd have to reread this first - I only remember faint snippets.

Whole Series I'd Like to Reread

The Strangely Beautiful series by Leanna Renee Hieber
I love the books of Leanna's I've read so far and her writing, the atmosphere. And these books were very strange, and I very much adored them when I first read them. They were so ridiculously fun and so, so good. I picked up the first when I met her, a little accidentally, at a book signing for her and Robyn Schneider (who my friend Haley and I had met before). And it ended with us sitting in the car, on the way back, reading the whole way - and I'd love to revisit this series.

The Midnighters by Scott Westerfeld
Also 2011. For some reason - I can't remember, apparently, a lot of the books I read that year. Anyway, I remember loving this series and I do remember a lot of it but I want to experience it again. And lately I've been seeing some things about it again. I've never read his Uglies series (not because I don't want to, just because so many books), but this series gets a surprisingly little amount of love - I really, really loved it when I read it. This and the Leviathan series, which I'd also love to reread.

As you can tell I'm a rereader. I love rereading books - because I've forgotten them, because it's not basically something I have to do every so often. I've reread a lot of books this year alone, it's been a very, very good year for it and I"m glad for that, I like making time for rereading books.

There are so many more that I want to reread, or even need to reread to continue on with the series. Do you participate in TTT? Have you reread anything lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment