Friday, April 13, 2012

Book Review: Blameless

Book: Blameless (Parasol Protectate #3)
Author: Gail Carriger
Genre: Romance (Paranormal Romance, Alternate History, Steampunk)
Rating: 5/5
Page count: 374
Favorite character: If not the main choices of Alecia or Lord Maccon. Maybe the Templars. They are definitely the 'bad guys,' but they're just so interesting, especially because of the plot around them. Or Madame Lefoux

Plot: (From Goodreads)

Quitting her husband's house and moving back in with her horrible family, Lady Maccon becomes the scandal of the London season.

Queen Victoria dismisses her from the Shadow Council, and the only person who can explain anything, Lord Akeldama, unexpectedly leaves town. To top it all off, Alexia is attacked by homicidal mechanical ladybugs, indicating, as only ladybugs can, the fact that all of London's vampires are now very much interested in seeing Alexia quite thoroughly dead.

While Lord Maccon elects to get progressively more inebriated and Professor Lyall desperately tries to hold the Woolsey werewolf pack together, Alexia flees England for Italy in search of the mysterious Templars. Only they know enough about the preternatural to explain her increasingly inconvenient condition, but they may be worse than the vampires -- and they're armed with pesto.


Review:


There may very well be spoilers for the first two books in the review, so if you haven't read them what are you waiting for? I highly suggest you do.

I really loved this book and how we got to see Alecia struggling to figure everything out. I can't put my finger on why I loved this book so much since much of it is spent with Lady and Lord Maccon apart, who are so entertaining when together, but I did indeed love it. It may have something to do with them going to France and then Italy or maybe just Madame Lefoux, who I do enjoy a rather lot.

I also love the dialogue, the humor in this book is perfect and hilarious. And with the dialogue and the lovable characters, I guess it was more impossible for me to not like this book then to love it, which I did.  Also, I didn't know that werewolfs could get that drunk, but I guess that they normally, really, can't. It seems to take dedication and, uh, hard work. It wasn't entertaining, per say, but it also was. And infuriating. I kind of wanted to shake him, because he had to know one some level that Alecia was loyal to him.

I highly recommend this whole series, even though I have yet to finish books four and five, I am sure that they will be just as wonderful as these past three have been. Also, this is definitely not my normal genre of books that I read, but I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment