Sunday, April 1, 2012

March Wrap-Up

These are all the books that I read in March, what they're about, and a very short little idea of what I thought of them.

I read quite a few books this month, so let's just go right into it.

Eureka: Dormant Gene (5/5)
This is a graphic novel and it's based on the SyFy show Eureka. It's about, obviously, some problems with people's genes. It was much better then I thought it was going to be and there was a little thing about this book that was a spoof of Twilight and it had me giggling as I read about the effect on the genius population. Normal kids just put on eye liner, genius' can change your gene code.

Clarity by Kim Harrington (5/5)
This is a story about a girl who is a psychic and is kind of dropped in the middle of this mysterious murder. Now, I really enjoyed this book, even though murder mysterious aren't normally what I read. It was just too interesting to not enjoy. There's more to say, but really I just really liked it. I hope to put a full review of this one soon.

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey (3/5)
Now, I wasn't going to read this book because of the name, because that is just not a good name. It's much too romance-y for me and I don't like romance books. This book wasn't that bad, though, it was entertaining, but at points I feel like some spots didn't need to last so long and others maybe a little longer.

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood. (5/5)
Loved it. I loved everything about it. My full review can be found here, but if you like witches and/or alternate history stories then I suggest you check this on out. It's by a debut author and this is really quite a debut.

A Greyhound of a Girl by Roddy Doyle (3/5)
I got this as a galley and the full review will be up closer to the release. I enjoyed it, it was cute, it's not going to change the world, but I don't think that was the point of it. I'd suggest checking this one out if you think the full synopsis sounds interesting.

Oppression by Jessica Therrien (5/5)
If you want to see my full review you can go here, but over all I really enjoyed this book. I liked it's mythology and history and I adored the characters.

Duma Key by Stephen King (5/5)
This book, just, this book. I adore this book. I first read it two years ago and I'd forgotten just how lovable and relatable these characters are. I've never gone through what they have, but they're human and their emotions are just so pure, it's impossible not to feel for them. Everyone should read this book, just everyone. So much story in these pages. Hopefully I'll be putting a full review up of this one soon.

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (5/5)
I started a post to review this book and I don't even know where to start. It was amazing, if you still have doubts about reading this book, just read it. It's not perfect, but on the other hand it kind of is. I think when you'd wish something different had happened so that some characters could be happier then you've become invested in them. And there are a lot of amazing, in depth, characters in this book. They're not all lovable, but they are all amazing. You should definitely read this book!

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (5/5)
This book was so much better then what I was expecting. I was blown away by this book just because I didn't expect what it was. Because it's not just a silly love story, it's so much more then that. And Austen's writing is just, well, it's perfect. I'd recommend checking this one out if you haven't already.

Beastly by Alex Flinn (4/5)
I wasn't sure when I first started this book because I hated Kyle, but he got better and then I really started to like him. This is just what you've heard a modernized version of the tale of Beauty and the Beast and it's amazing and just a little bit more then that. It has a depth that I wasn't expecting. It's a short, cute book, with amazing characters.

Whew! That was quite a few books and a good percentage of them were 5/5, so we're calling this a really good reading month. I read 10 books overall and I hope yours was just as good. I hope your day/night/week/month is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment