Saturday, April 21, 2012

Read-A-Thon: The Beginning

It's 8am. And this is set to autopost so hopefully I'm awake and curled up with a book and a cup of tea. I've got a big stack of books to pick from for my reading, so I won't run out by any stretch of the imagination, and I've got plenty of snacks and tea bags all ready to be used.

Once again, if you're participating and going to be posting updates, I hope you will leave your blog in the comments so I can check it out when I take breaks. It's going to be a relaxing day, I think, full of reading.

I think I'm going to start with either the first book in the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher or with The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I've been trying to finish the later for a while now and I'm determine to do so. I've started it and am probably 15 pages in or so, but I really want to finish it, it's really good so far.

Other books I'll possibly be reading:
The Magicians by Lev Grossman
The Colorado Kid by Stephen King
The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
Grave Mercy by Robin LeFevers
Heartless by Gail Carriger
The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook
And those are the ones that I've got bookmarks in!

I always just started doing something I'm going to hope to contiue. I've started taking notes with reading, writing down a favorite quote, sentence or paragraph or page, and just things like that. I use to put tabs in my books on things like that, but this is a little big of an easier way to do it and I'm not going broke on tabs, which is nice.

I'm probably post every couple hours, whenever I feel like there's something to tell you. (Probably every 4 hours, I think would be best. I'm going to try and read for the whole 24 hours but I'll probably end up falling asleep around 2, maybe I can pull through. Maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment