Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Book Review: The Search for WondLa (WondaLa #1)

 Title: The Search for WondLa (WondLa #1)
Author: Tony DiTerlizzi
Genre: Adventure, SciFi/Fantasy (middle-grade)
Rating: 5/5
Page count: 484 pages
Publication Date: September 21st, 2010

Story Notion: Yes. Yes. That was awesome.

Plot: (from GoodReads)
Eva Nine is a curious and sensitive twelve-year-old who has existed only in a subterranean home called Sanctuary, cared for by a robot named Muthr. Eva's great desire is to go aboveground, and her wish comes true, though not as she had imagined. On the surface, Eva goes in search of other humans--she has never met one--and soon meets both friend and foe.



Review:
I knew nothing going into this book. Well - I knew the name and I knew the author had co-written the Spiderwick Chronicles and that was it. This book was one of those Kindle Daily Deals things and I'm so glad I picked it up and started reading it just. I kind of did just because it looked cute (I have a lot of books on my Kindle that are unread).

I'd definitely suggest a physical copy if possible, I'd like to get my hands on one myself and of the next books. This book has wonderful illustrations in it that my Kindle really didn't do the justice of. They were gorgeous, and so was this world that they were in and the characters and people, it was rich and fun.

And completely bewildered me at first. I read the first about 20-30% of this book quite slowly, just had no idea what I'd gotten myself into, but it slowly started to make some sort of sense to me. Or maybe I just gave into the story. Either was, it was a great decision, because this book was amazing, rich, lovely, and just play interesting. I really want to know more.

I'd definitely recommend this book, it's middle-grade but obviously that just means it's awesome (and can have pictures without judgement! That's how that works, yes?) And I do love myself a good middle-grade adventure story and if you do, I'd give this one a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment