Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Finds (1)

Friday Finds is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. It's all about books you've added to your to-read pile, either just by finding them or by physically (or electronically) purchasing them.

I find that I always find at least a handful of books that I want to read, so I thought I'd start doing this meme because it looks like a ton of fun, and it might help me remember how much I wanted to read books. I'm going to go into the last few weeks with this first post, and then stick to just the past week. All links go to the goodreads page of the book.

Books:
Written in Red by Anne Bishop
I've read the first book in her Black Jewels series, but haven't continued it yet even though I enjoyed it. And the premise of this one just sounds amazing. I just bought a physical copy of this one, so hopefully I can get to it soon.

The Flight of the Silvers by Daniel Price
A friend on twitter recommended this to me when I asked for SciFi recs and I read the premise and oh man, oh man, it sounds amazing. It's really long, which is actually a good thing, so I'm probably going to get to this one really soon, I want to so badly.

Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers
I hadn't heard about this book, but I popped into a used/indie bookstore that's pretty close recently and saw the cover and went - that looks interesting and read the synopsis and ending up picking it up. There's a cat and a smart little girl and it looks like it'll have a lot of mythology and/or history worked in, so I'm excited.

Salvage by Alexandra Duncan
I've been in a huge SciFi kick this month and this one sounded interesting. It sounds like heavy SciFi with that grittier, more realistic future, with a teenage female protagonist and someone said it had feminist themes. Well - that sounds fun to me.

Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen
I hadn't heard about this book until a few people seemed to talk about it at once. It sounds really interesting. High fantasy, trolls, great character. I first heard about it from Misty(TheBookRat) on her YouTube channel, and it sounded like something I'd love.

Adam Christopher
He's a writer, obviously, and everyone's been praising his newest book The Burning Dark, which sounds pretty freaking fantastic. His other book Empire State sounds like something I'd also really enjoy, so I'm excited to check both out when I get the chance. I mean, they're SciFi, so hopefully before this random, intense SciFi craving/kick ends.

So what books have you discovered recently? Or do you do Friday Finds? Tell me in the comments or link me to your post so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment