Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Final Wrap-Up (and 4am - 8am)

After I finished The Walking Dead: Book One, I felt like I was kind of done, but I'd just made coffee. I'm also someone who when I see a goal that is not impossible by physics, then I'll probably try it. And, man, I was so close to having read 2,000 pages in 24 hours. Could you imagine how cool that would have been?

I mean freaking insane, but really what else did you expect?

I had such a hard time concentrating, and not much was read in these last few hours, so I thought I'd just write up what happened.

I read maybe 20/30 pages in The Walking Dead: Book Two but there aren't page number so I'm not really sure. But we're going to just go with twenty pages, screw it, and it probably took like twenty minutes / half an hour with how I am right now. (I cannot tell you how sleep deprived I am right now. And possibly got a cold or something happening, so I'm not at the height of anything).

I also ended up listening to a prequel to the Chaos Walking series, called The New World, which was 45 minutes long. And, according to Goodreads 25 pages long, but since I listened to it - I'm just going to add that time to the 'time spent reading.'

Total pages read: 1,636

Total time spent reading: 13 hours 45 minutes

Number of Books Finished: 7

Books Finished:
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness (had started before - 306 pages)
Zom-B by Darren Shan (174 pages)
Cold War by Adam Christopher (novella, 39 pages)
God Save the Queen (Immortal Empire #1) by Kate Locke (354 pages)
The Queen is Dead (Immoral Empire #2) by Kate Locke (337 pages)
The Walking Dead: Book One by Robert Kirkman (304 pages)
The New World (Chaos Walking #0.5) by Patrick Ness (45 minutes)

Started but didn't finish:
The Burning Dark by Adam Christopher (58 pages)
Working for the Devil (Dante Valentine #1) by Lilith Saintcrow ( pages)

Comments:
Dewey's read-a-thon is the only 24 hour read-a-thon I've ever taken a part in, but it doesn't change the fact that I adore it. I love that there are cheerleaders and that it's so organized because it's been running now for a few years. And, most of all - everyone on twitter and all those other social media websites talking about what they're reading and everyone's so freaking nice, it's the main reason I was so drawn to the blogging community when I made this blog in 2011.

There are two main, and favorite, read-a-thons that I take part in. And I adore them both, and they're completely different, and I love them for different reasons. Dewey's is fast, specific, draining but rewarding. And Bout of Books, my other favorite (the next one in May!) is longer so there's more time to read, and the twitter chats (it sounds silly, but I hadn't participated really in them until the last time or two and they're incredible amount of fun. Everyone's so nice and talking about books. I mean what more could you want?)

Anyway - I don't really know what the point of this is, except to just kind of write a love letter to read-a-thons apparently. It's 5am, I've been up since 7:30 am yesterday, and I didn't sleep good that night.

Basically, I love read-a-thons. And I love beating my own past records and stats and reading a ridiculous number of books and possibly forgetting to eat.

Also, if you want to see my progress in more real time, then there are places for that: Goodreads, Twitter, Instagram.

And... Go!
8am - 12pm
12pm - 4pm
4pm - 8pm
8pm -12am
12am - 4am

No comments:

Post a Comment