There's information on it on two blogs Novel Heartbeat and Phantasmic Reads. Here are the rules (taken from Novel Heartbeat):
- The Beat the Heat Readathon runs from August 11th to September 1st. What does this readathon entail, you ask? Well, read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for three weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!
- There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!
- Sign up here at Novel Heartbeat or over at Phantasmic Reads. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for our grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 24th.
- To join, all you have to do is make a sign-up post – even if it’s just a “Let’s do this!” thing – and add your post URL to the linky below! You can put your goals and progress (will be required for the final giveaway) in your sign-up post, or you can make it separate. Totally up to you! (You are welcome to use the template we provide as well.)
- In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so we can see that you participated.
I don't have any read TBR besides my very vague August TBR (that isn't up as of posting this, but will be up Monday). I'll be doing possibly do one post to update for this read-a-thon. I don't really like doing one big post for all the read-a-thon updates, but it kind of seems like that's what they want, and I'm okay with doing it since I don't expect every day to be like a normal read-a-thon day.
However - Bout of Books 11 is going to take place during it and those will be daily updates (I'm still counting those books also towards the Beat the Heat read-a-thon, but Bout of Books is my read-a-thon match made in heaven).
Basically: one post will go up Tuesday that will hold my updates for the Beat the Heat read-a-thon. And when Bout of Books 11 starts, there will be daily updates and a wrap-up of the week. (Bout of Books 11 is from the 18th - 24th). If you're confused, feel free to ask and I'll try to explain it better, but I think that all makes sense (at least I think I'll have a plan that'll work), but if not - feel free to ask. Or comment if you're also participating!