Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Book Review: Open Road Summer

Title: Open Road Summer
Author: Emery Lord
Genre: Contemporary Romance (Young Adult)
Rating: 5/5
Page Count: 352 (hardcover)
Publication Date: April 15th, 2014

Plot: (from Goodreads)
After breaking up with her bad-news boyfriend, Reagan O’Neill is ready to leave her rebellious ways behind. . . and her best friend, country superstar Lilah Montgomery, is nursing a broken heart of her own. Fortunately, Lilah’s 24-city tour is about to kick off, offering a perfect opportunity for a girls-only summer of break-up ballads and healing hearts. But when Matt Finch joins the tour as its opening act, his boy-next-door charm proves difficult for Reagan to resist, despite her vow to live a drama-free existence.

This summer, Reagan and Lilah will navigate the ups and downs of fame and friendship as they come to see that giving your heart to the right person is always a risk worth taking. A fresh new voice in contemporary romance, Emery Lord’s gorgeous writing hits all the right notes.

Review:
I haven't heard a lot of talk about this book besides someone recommending it to me (by the way, thank you so much). This is a book about two best friends and a country road trip that is also a tour, a 24-city tour. And it was so good.

I don't know if I could put a finger on why this book was so enjoyable then the other things I've read that are similar to it. However, I'm almost positive it had to do with the fact that this book wasn't just about the romance. It was also about these two girls, Reagan and Dee, and their friendship and their recent problems. Reagan is also into photography, which is one of my many loves, even though I don't do much of it, and I enjoyed reading the small tidbits of what she was doing.

Not to say that the romance isn't completely adorable or that the guy isn't swoon worthy (he is, I'm not normally swoon-y over these book guys, but he's pretty great), and it was cheesy at points but it was so good for that. And it introduced me to the beginning of a problem, a weakness, I discovered recently: the normal person dating a famous person and the drama that entails trope. It's a great trope (feel free to recommend me books, I love that, any kind - especially that trope, though).

To wrap this up: a fantastic book, that I would definitely recommend, about two best friends, a tour/road trip, and boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment