Monday, August 11, 2014

August 2014 TBR

I keep doing these, and I'm not sure why, because I never tend to stick to them - but I do really like havng an idea of what to read. Even though we're a week into the month, I haven't finished anything yet, but I have a lot of books I want to read. And there's the Bout of Books 11 read-a-thon happening this week from the 18th to the 24th.

There aren't any books, really, that I know for sure I'm going to read - but I have ideas of how my reading will go. None of these are positive, I'm really just looking around and seeing what catches my eye right now.


  • The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (I got an ARC of this at LeakyCon and started it on the plane back, haven't finished it yet, but I knew nothing going in and oh my god).
  • Say Her Name by James Dawson (I don't know if this is out in the US - but some of the UK book people I follow were praising it and it was pretty cheap on TheBookDepository - and I might have a slight obsession with the Bloody Mary thing)
  • Geek Girl by Holly Smale (this sounds adorable and fun)
  • If I Stay by Gayle Foreman (I was kind of sold on reading this after watching Gayle speak on a few panels at LeakyCon, during LitDay)
  • Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke (I won this on Goodreads and I've been hearing amazing things)
I'd also like to reread The Way of Kings and read Words of Radiance - but we'll see when that happens. I'd also like to finish some of the books I'm currently-reading, which will hopefully happen this month.

Any suggestions of what I should read this month? New releases or old favorites - I love getting book recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment