Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon! (October 18th, 2014)

Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon is an even that takes place twice a year (April and October) and is, of course, a 24 hour read-a-thon. This year the October read-a-thon is taking place from 8am Eastern time - this is a read-a-thon where the time is specific (times here).

I've participated a few times before, I don't remember how many off the top of my head, but it's always a ton of fun. There are cheerleaders going around, who normally help you keep reading for the full twenty four hours (last year, one convinced me to try to get just a little more done). And everyone's lovely and fantastic.

So I'd suggest canceling all plans for the 18th and 19th and finding the shortest books you own and doing this. It's fun and you'll get more read in the short amount of time then you ever expected, I always seem to.

I'll be posting my TBR much closer to the event, as it's just under a month away now. Are you planning on participating? Have you in the past? What's your start time for your time zone?

Official Site
Start Times

Update: It turns out I'm not going to be able to participate as I will not be home and everything is hectic and crazy. And I'm going to very much miss it, the next one definitely, and I hope you all have a fantastic time! Read a book for me and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment