Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 2014 Read-A-Thons Update Post (treesofreverie) (3)

This is part three of my September read-a-thon update posts. Whew, that's a mouth full. It's been a great month so far! And the treesofreverie read-a-thon pretty much finishes out the month (ending the 28th). Tackle Your TBR is officially over, sadly. (Wrap-up post here) There's some overlapping for books for these two read-a-thons, because they did overlap.

Sunday, September 21st
Number Of Books Read Today: 1
Total Number of Books Read (treesofreverie): 9
Pages Read Today: 355
Total Number of Pages Read (trees): 2,951
Books(today):
Purity in Death (In Death #15) by J.D. Robb (started and finished - 355 pages)

Notes:
I finally got back to the In Death series - I really like this series, mostly for the characters, but also the plots are always really interesting in every book that I've read so far. Which is impressive for the number, also I'm told they stay fantastic - there are like 40 books in this series (no, really).

Monday, September 22nd
Number Of Books Read Today: 0
Total Number of Books Read (treesofreverie): 9
Pages Read Today: 80
Total Number of Pages Read (trees): 3,031
Books(today):
Portrait in Death (In Death #16) by J.D. Robb (started - 80 pages)

Notes:
It wasn't a great day for reading or really anything - I had a headache that I just couldn't shape. Anyway, I'm enjoying this so far, I don't know what'll happen tomorrow. Hopefully no headache.

Tuesday, September 23rd
Didn't get anything read but a few page, which I'm just going to count for tomorrow since it was less then ten. I hope you all day better reading days, and day in general (I didn't read much before I had a headache, such).

Wednesday, September 24th
Number Of Books Read Today: 2
Total Number of Books Read (treesofreverie): 11
Pages Read Today: 427
Total Number of Pages Read (trees): 3,458
Books(today):
Portrait in Death (In Death #16) by J.D. Robb (finished - 267 pages)
The Little World of Liz Climo by Liz Climo (started and finished - 160)

Notes: 
I'm so glad I'm back into the In Death books, even though it's completely thrown off my plan for the last week of the month. I'd missed these characters, a lot more then I thought. Portrait in Death was fantastic, possibly my favorite so far but there have been some really good ones before.

The Little World of Liz Climo is really just a book compiling all of her adorable, awesome illustrations. She has a Tumblr - it's adorable and full of her stuff, you should  check it out (unless you have something to do right now, you might want to save it for later, you'll get lost).

Thursday, September 25th
Number Of Books Read Today: 1
Total Number of Books Read (treesofreverie): 12
Pages Read Today: 181
Total Number of Pages Read (trees): 3,639
Books(today):
Girl on Tour (Kylie Ryan #2) by Caisey Quinn (started and finished - 181)

Notes:
4am, when probably a good 85% of bad decisions, if not more, are made. I couldn't sleep, so I picked this up. I forget when I read the first one, but I hadn't been planning on continuing the series. I haven't found many New Adult books I enjoy, and I don't really understand the genre (it's - it's just romance). Anyway - this was... whatever. I gave it 2/5 stars, read it in probably an hour and a half, maybe two. I'll probably read the last one at some point just to finish it, we'll see.

I think I might be able to get to 200 books for 2014 this month? It seems insane to me. This has been such a strange year, but wonderful for reading.

Friday, September 26th
I didn't read anything today - I meant to, I went to, but I got completely distracted by 

Saturday, September 27th
Number Of Books Read Today: 1
Total Number of Books Read (treesofreverie): 13
Pages Read Today: 342
Total Number of Pages Read (trees): 3,981
Books(today):
Imitation in Death (In Death #17) by J.D. Robb

Notes:
This book was so good. This series is just - really good. It can be cheesy at points and eye roll inducing at others - but mostly I just love the characters too much so I just love those moments. It's great fun, I promise.

Sunday, September 28th
Number Of Books Read Today: 0
Total Number of Books Read (treesofreverie): 13
Pages Read Today: 124
Total Number of Pages Read (trees): 4,105
Books(today):
Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

Notes:
Ah - Sanderson. If you follow me at all, or have seen just about any post from me, you might know of my obsession with Brandon Sanderson. I haven't finished really all of his currently published works, I'm making my way through the list, but I just keep loving them all. So much goodness. I'd suggest giving him a try, start anywhere, read everything.

And, uh, I kind of forgot this was the last day of the read-a-thon. My sleep has been a bit messed up, insomnia has been kicking my ass, so that's what I'm blaming because I didn't sleep and then slept late. And there was something else I wanted to add and promptly forgot, so I guess I'm going to leave it there.

Anyway - read-a-thon complete. I'm think I'll post a full wrap-up in a few days, probably. I'm quite happy with what I read, anyway, and I hope you had fun if you participated. Or, at least, had a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment