Monday, September 8, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading? (1)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is a meme that was created by BookJourney. I've always considering doing a weekly wrap up, and I've liked WWW Wednesday, and I love that - but I don't like how it happens in the middle of the week (because it's great sometimes, but most of the time I can't make it work, which is why you don't see more of those).

And this year I've definitely been reading enough to do a weekly wrap-up and for them to actually contain things. That being said - some weeks I don't read a lot. I can go a whole week without picking up a book and then read like 10 in a week. My brain is very strange - but, of course, I won't be putting up a weekly wrap-up on the weeks there is nothing to, well, wrap-up.

So I've investigated a bunch of blogs - some I follow, but I also investigated past that - to see what they did for this. Their set up, what they wrapped up  - that kind of thing. And I think I have a vague idea of how I want to do this, which will probably change slightly every week (depending on what I want to talk about / what there is to talk about).

First up: books I've finished this week!
The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson (5/5)
I don't know if I have any coherent thoughts about this lovely book. Besides that it was incredible and the last 100 pages broke me.

The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2) by Brandon Sanderson (5/5)
Yes - I kind of immediately picked this book up. It was - freaking incredible. I don't know if it was better then the first, there's just something about The Final Empire and the introduction into that world, but I still loved this book. It takes place a year after the end of the first one, which I thought was good, even though I would of liked to hear how some of these conversations we missed went.

The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3) by Brandon Sanders (5/5)
I cannot even. This whole book was insane and stressful as hell at multiple points. And - holy hell was it freaking fantastic.

I read these books in less them a week (finishing this one Friday night, the 5th, while I'd finished the first one on the first, Monday). And then I kind of haven't read since then (though that's changing today Monday, the first day of a new read-a-thon!), but I had a bit of a book hangover/mourning period.

What I've Been Watching:
I don't know what this is going to be every week, but I wanted to do something like this - maybe my favorite YouTube videos and what I've been watching in relation to TV.

So I haven't sat down for a weekly show in a while, everything is currently off that I'm really into / I keep getting annoyed with the writing of shows I did like. However - I recently started season 3 of Scandal (I'd marathoned the first two season and loved them, even though it's totally not what I'd normally be watching), but it's so good, I'm not disappointed so far by a long shot. (All three seasons are on Netflix, if you want to give it a a shot! Political intrigue, fantastic actors, complicated stories at points).

And then two BookTube videos / BookTubers. I just found Lindsey Rey this past week, about, and (I think her most recent) video is the A to Z Survey she reads a lot and I kind of really like watching people who read about as much as I do.

And then InkBonesBooks has fantastic videos - most recently was her September TBR where she talks about #SeptemberofRadiance (reading Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson in September - and you all know how I feel about this author by now right? And I need to reread WoK and then read this).

Blog Posts I've Liked:
I haven't been keeping track of these, because I didn't think about it (I will do better next week!) so there's only really one I want to talk about. There were books involved... did a blog post called How Do You Write Your Reviews? and it talks about how she has trouble just sitting down and writing reviews. And I definitely have that same problem, even just throwing words down so I can get a general idea (a first draft is what I call the spewing of thoughts), but it's so difficult. How do you guys write reviews? Can you just sit down and crank them out? How do you do that, if you do? Share your secrets!

On the Blog:
August Wrap-Up
September TBR
Waiting on Wednesday (6)
2014: Book Reviews (10)
Read-a-thon and a Read-a-Long (R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril IX & The Raven Cycle ReadALong)
September Read-a-Thon(s) (Tackle your TBR & treesofreverie)

No comments:

Post a Comment