Monday, September 1, 2014

August 2014 Wrap-Up



August was a really good reading month for me, especially considering I only really read for half of the month. And a lot of it was very good.
  • The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
  • Say Her Name by James Dawson
  • Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1) by Stephanie Perkins
  • Mortal Danger (Immortal Game #1) by Ann Aguirre (had started before)
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2) by Stephanie Perkins
  • Unlocked by John Scalzi
  • The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles #1) by Patrick Rothfuss (had started previously)
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins
  • My Drunk Kitchen by Hannah Hart
  • Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga #1) by Clare & HyeKyung Baek
  • Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters Manga (PJM #2) by Riordan & multiple others
  • Sex Criminals, Volume One by Matt Fraction & Chris Zdarsky
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga #2) by Clare & HyeKyung Baek
  • Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices Manga #3) by Clare & HyeKyung Baek
  • Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez
  • Helen and Troy's Epic Road Quest by A. Lee Martinez
  • On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street #1) by Samantha Young
  • Wife By Wednesday (Weekday Brides #1) by Catherine Bybee
  • Married by Monday (Weekday Brides #2) by Catherine Bybee
  • Fiancee by Friday (Weekday Brides #3) by Catherine Bybee
  • Ariel: The Restored Edition by Sylvia Plath
  • The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde

I finally finished The Name of the Wind! Finally. And it was amazing and incredible and I'm sure surprised it was a slower read, but I think I might take a break before trying to read the second one. Mostly because it is over 1,000 pages, if memory serves, and also there's no release date yet on the third and that saddens me. 

I read a lot of good things this month, Ariel: The Restored Edition was incredible, but I still think my favorite of the month was the very first thing I read, because I still catch myself thinking about it randomly. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black, which isn't out until January, so I'll be sitting here waiting to squeal with everyone else, I've always been a sucker for fae things.

This month I'll, hopefully, be putting up more reviews and catching up on the mini-review front. Now - onto what I posted throughout the month!





Reviews:
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord

Memes/Other:

Read-A-Thons 
Bout of Books

No comments:

Post a Comment