Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2014 TBR

I'm not really sure, for September, what I'm going to be reading or if I'll be reading a lot just because of what I'd like to read. However - I'm also a total mood reader, as you probably know if you've seen any of my posts, so it all depends on that. There aren't any read-a-thons this month, at least that I know of yet, so I might take the month to reread The Way of Kings and such - I'd like to finish The Final Empire. It might be my Sanderson month.

I'd also like to read The Raven Boys and, probably, The Dream Thieves because the third book comes out at the end of October and while it's going to be a four book series (I believe), I'd still like to catch up because I've heard pretty much all good, if not great. Also there's a read-a-long/thon type thing happening for it hosted by Books of Amber & Readers in Wonderland - both direct links to the read-a-long posts - and it sounds like fun to read-a-long with everyone.

I'll definitely read more then that, at least I hope so, but at the moment I've no idea what that might be. The Sims 4 does come out at the very beginning of the month, so we'll see how that and no read-a-thon hinder my reading for the month, I guess. I am just currently looking around me and I'm literally surrounded by books I want to / need to read, pretty much all of them are books I've been dying to get to and just haven't had the time to yet.

For example, I could read/do all this (no guarentees, obviously, but if you've read any of this, let me know your thoughts!):

  • Otherbound by Corrinne Duyvis
  • More Than This by Patrick Ness (Oh, and Monsters of Men)
  • Sin City graphic novels (I have 1 - 4, but I might save them for a read-a-thon. Specifically Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon in October).
  • There's a ton of books in this box from a BookOutlet order (there was that $20 off thing or whatever - I couldn't refuse!
  • The Half-Made World by Felix Gilman (I've started this, just barely, but it already seems incredible - such a different, unique world and it has an surprisingly few number of reviews on Goodreads).
  • Finish some of my longstanding currently-reading books. The Queen of the Tearling? Hello? I've been reading this book for months and months now, since like a month or something before it released. This book is amazing and fantastic, I don't know why I haven't finished it yet.
  • I've been feeling really in a classics / 'literary fiction' type of mood the last few days - so maybe I'll get around to a classic or whatever or two.
And now with that super vague TBR list of just random things spewed on the page... What are you planning to read this month? What are you most excited to read this month? Any releases you're looking forward to? (Link me your own September TBR post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment