Monday, July 28, 2014

Blogging Hiatus (LeakyCon incoming)

LeakyCon is a Harry Potter convention that is taking place in Orlando this year, but there's more then that for the reason I won't be posting here. Well, I'll be gone for about a week, but conventions seem to screw with my blogging mojo (that's what I'm going to call it, because I have nothing else to call it). I'm just in the mood to do it and I can't get any of the words right, and words are important in blogging, and I didn't really have time to get with it after VidCon. (It feels like it's been a week to me, I need a new internal clock, please).

And after conventions, I need to wind down and not talk to people to try and recharge. Hopefully it'll only be a few days after I get back (after I sleep for 24 hours and eat something that possibly has nutritional value). Conventions wear me out, in a way that it does take me a while to kind of recover. I'm very, very introverted, but I do kind of give conventions my all - throwing myself into them. And I always see my friends at conventions, different people normally at different ones but I love that, and make new ones - but that's exhausting. I don't know how to explain it,  it's just like everything is drained and, on top of that, I feel like I'm behind on reading and writing because I've been trying to stick to that reading 100 pages a day, writing 1k to 2k, and then I don't leave the house for a while.

Anyway - the point of this post is that I probably won't be posting my July Wrap-Up or my August TBR until I'm back and feeling less like just hiding under the covers and ignoring civilization. I'm sorry for it, but I want the posts I put up here to be things I like and am maybe even a little proud of, and feeling worn down, drained, and exhausted isn't conductive in that.

That being said, I know I will back to blogging (or this will get me back) there's Bout of Books 11 from August 18th to the 24th, and if you've seen my blog at all you might know I have a thing for read-a-thons (especially Bout of Books, favorite read-a-thon, just don't tell the others).

(Note: I do home to put up a final update of the treesofreverie read-a-thon and then maybe a full wrap-up when I get back, maybe for when I'm not here, we'll see how it happens. I like to do those kinds of post on time).

No comments:

Post a Comment