Sunday, July 20, 2014

BookTubeAThon - Day Six | treesofreverie - Day Ten

So today started with me waking up with a headache, which was great, and a book hangover from starting and fishing the Grisha trilogy in three days. So I kind of took half of the day off to relax, get rid of my headache. I had been planning to treat it as my last day of the read-a-thon, because I have a family thing tomorrow (today, when this is posted).

Okay, so I wrote that, and then I got off the computer and started to read. And realized I could beat my own personal best for a read-a-thon (in page count, never in book count) and some things occurred.

Number of Books Completed Today: 3

Book(s) Completed:
Ruin and Rising (Grisha Trilogy #3) by Leigh Bardugo (finished - 191 pages)
Zita the Spacegirl (Zita #1) by Ben Hatke (started and finished - 192 pages)
City of Glass (TMI #3) by Cassandra Clare (started and finished - 541 pages)

Book(s) Currently-Reading:
Haven't started anything new yet - we shall see what happens tomorrow as it's going to be hectic and little reading time. I felt like today was my last day of the read-a-thon

Pages Read Today: 924

Total Number of Books Read(BookTubeAThon): 12

Total Number of Pages Read(BookTubeAThon): 4,100

Total books read for treesofreverie: 15

Total pages read for treesofreverie: 4,825

Notes:
I really liked the Grisha Trilogy, loved it even, I had problems with it and such, but it was so past paced and also really good, a ton of fun - I'm really glad I read it, especially during a read-a-thon, because I tend to read a first book in a series and stop, and I could feel that having happened with this series if I hadn't been pushed on. So I guess this is technically the second series and started and finished this week - do I get some kind of bonus points?

I kind of accidentally picked up City of Glass at about 6, I think, maybe later/earlier. And I ended up finishing it not that long later. I remember waiting for this book to come out, which feels like so, so long ago and it was a long time ago. But I just remember the agonizing wait between book two and three. I don't love these books like I did in middle school, I have problems with them, but mostly they're nostolgia and junk food - fast paced, a bit fluff, but a ton of fun. And I am totally counting it for the book to movie adaptation thing, even though they've, so far, only made the first one into a movie. Kind of cheating, but I couldn't find any books, really, that I hadn't read or wanted to.

With a page count of 4,100 (!!) pages this week - I've beat my last standing record for a week long read-a-thon and there's still a day left! A day that I probably won't get a ton of reading done during, but still a whole day early. I am ridiculously excited and giddy about this, because I've been reading so much this year and it's been so great, it's felt so nice to get to read so many books I've been wanting to read or reread or have just found.

Anyway - I'm going to stop myself there, that's for the wrap-up post. I hope your read-a-thon, or just your week, is going well and fantastically. What are you currently-reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment