Thursday, July 10, 2014

Read-A-Thons(s)? | treesofreverie, booktubeathon

Yes - more read-a-thons. I'm not sure if I'm going to technically be taking part in the BookTubeaThon since I'm not going to be posting videos or anything (at least I don't think I am. There's a slight problem in that my computer has stopped acknowledging memory cards). First off, explaining what these two read-a-thons are.

BookTubeaThon - takes place on the YouTubes, you might of heard of it. It is taking place from the 14th to the 20th of July (the twitter says 21st, but I think it's a mistake, because the 20th makes it a full week). The other reason I might not technically take part in this, is because these two read-a-thons overlap, but I guess I might. There's some challenges that you don't have tot ake part in. And now here are links for more information:

YouTube channel, twitter

treesofreverie read-a-thon is a tumblr read-a-thon. That is very long and it looks like it's full of fun, there's a whole post for possible challenges to do and there's a bunch of people signed up. It runs from today, 10th of July, until the 1st of August. It's too later to 'official' sign up and get on the fancy list but that doesn't mean you can't participate.

the tumblr
the post of challenges
Sarah (the girl whose tumblr it is) twitter
FaceBook event

I don't really have any idea or set TBR, not that any of the TBRs I make are ever really set. However, I'm currently-reading quite a few books, nothing ever changes, and there are a lot of books I'd like to get to soon. And lists never hurt anyone, right?


  • The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (currently-reading, have been for a while. I don't know why I stalled in it because it's fantastic and amazing)
  • The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (still currently-reading, would love to finish this before the end of the month)
  • Others currently-reading: The Final Empire, Mortal Danger, Saint City Sinners, The Glass Sentence
Books I'd like to devour soon:
  • The Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
  • My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
  • The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
  • Hyberbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
  • In the Shadows by Kiersten White and Jim Di Bartolo
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
  • Hounded by Kevin Hearne
And there's more, but those are the ones just kind of off the top of my head / what's next to me waiting to be read next / what just came in the mail so I'm most excited for it.

I know I won't be doing daily updates here, but I don't know how I'm going to do updates, maybe every few days or just a week, I'll figure it out as it goes along. If you want to know real time, though, there are ways: twitter, instagram, goodreads, tumblr(which isn't strictly books)

Are you participating in either of these read-a-thons? Or in one I might not know about? Leave me a comment to let me know and let me know the first book you plan on picking up, and why that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment