Friday, July 18, 2014

BookTubeAThon - Day Four | treesofreverie - Day Eight

Today was a much, much better reading day then yesterday, I'm happy to report. I only spent probably an hour, in all, mindlessly scrolling through other peoples updates on Instagram an Twitter (one of my favorite parts of a read-a-thon - and reading blog posts, well for this one watching videos.

Number of Books Completed Today: 2

Book(s) Completed:
The Septer of the Ancients (Skulduggery Pleasant #1) by Derek Landy (finished - 324 pages)
Shadow and Bones (The Grisha Trilogy #1) Leigh Bardugo (started and finished - 358)

Book(s) Currently-Reading:
I haven't made any headway on The Half-Made World and haven't really started anything else as of midnight.

Pages Read Today: 682

Total Number of Books Read(BookTube): 8

Total Number of Pages Read(BookTub): 2,518

Total Books Read(treesofreverie): 11

Total Pages Read(treesofreverie): 3,243

Notes:
I really enjoyed Skulduggery Pleasant much more then I expected to, for some reason. It was really, really good and I loved the dialogue and how all the characters spoke and interacted and that it was taking place in Dublin, Ireland. I ordered the next book in the series, it'll just miss the BookTubeAThon.

I've been meaning to read Shadow and Bone since it came out and the third, and last in the trilogy, just came out so I decided I really needed to just read it now that I could marathon the series. I really enjoyed it, too, it was very high action and it surprised me at a few points.

I feel I rate young adult, middle grade, and adult books all very differently based on some check list in my head that I could never explain. Anyway - that's not the point of this notes section, but rambling sleep deprived.

How is your reading going? What are you currently-reading? Participating in the read-a-thon or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment