Tuesday, July 15, 2014

BookTubeAThon - Day One | treesofreverie read-a-thon - Day Five

Day one of the BookTubeAThon read-a-thon and day five of the treesofreverie read-a-thon! I was hesitant to do a read-a-thon inside a read-a-thon, but it also sounded fun and I caved under the avalanche of TBR videos that I saw this week - and I had a ton of fun last year and such. So - here I am, still not vlogging, but still participating.

I hope to be able to knock out all of the challenges by the end of the week and read as much as I can today, put as much time as I can into reading, maybe tomorrow, too, we'll see how it goes.

Number of Books Completed Today: 5

Book(s) Completed:
Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh (started and completed - 371 pages)
In the Shadows by Kiersten White, Jim Di Bartolo (started and completed - 384 pages)
I Think I Am In Friend-Love With You by Yumi Sakugawa (started and completed - 128 pages)
Boxers (Boxers and Saints #1) by Gene Luen Yang (started and completed - 325 pages)
Saints (Boxers and Saints #2) by Gene Luen Yang (started and completed - 170 pages)

Book(s) Currently-Reading:
I haven't started anything new that I haven't finished this read-a-thon. Unsure what I'll be diving into tomorrow, but we shall see.

Pages Read Today: 1,378

Total Number of Books Completed for treesofreverie: 8

Total Pages for treesofreverie: 2,103

Notes/Thoughts:
I didn't start at midnight like I have for other read-a-thons. I really didn't start reading until probably noon and then after I was finished with In the Shadows I ended up on my laptop to try and complete my 2k for the day (It's a goal to write 1-2k every day, travel/con days are free days, maybe a read-a-thon day).

And - I ended up reading much more then I thought I would be able to today, since I've been in a bit of a reading slump since the end of June. It's about 9:30 as I'm writing this and I'm completely exhausted - reading is tiring work.

Now onto the challenges I was able to knock out today, as I was writing that, I just realized all of the books I read today counted towards the book with pictures in it challenge - all of them. Also red on the cover  is in there twice. And then I actually did start and finish a series with the Boxers and Saints duology, which was actually a complete accident. I was trying to figure out, with a little over two hours left, if there was a way I could do all of the challenges in one day (I should of thought of this easier) but it seems like that might be a tad impossible, but just a tad.

Anyway, it was a great first day for me. An unprecedentedly good day - do not expect this to possibly every happen again. Ever.

How was your first day of the read-a-thon? If you're taking part. If you are or not: what are you currently reading? How is it? Also - have you read any of the books I read today? Opinions?
The books

No comments:

Post a Comment