Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Finds (4)

I really like this idea as a meme, which is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. It's, basically, books you've discovered during the week, whether you've just added them to the never ending "to-read" list (or shelf on Goodreads, as I do) or if you've actually bought them. These are the books I've discovered since the last time I was able to get one of these up.

One Man Guy  by Michael Barakiva
I'm not sure if I'll end up picking this one up or not, I just haven't decided. It sounds good - it's a young adult LGBT contemporary about a guy in high school, and, from the description. Also - love, drama, family, and it's been getting pretty good reviews - we'll see.
Goodreads

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
I'd seen this around a few times, before my random contemporary kick, but then I ended up looking into it after yet another glowing, five star review. It sounds interesting and there's music involved, but I haven't caved and bought it. Yet.
Goodreads

Falling into Place by Amy Zhang
This has also been getting good reviews, but it doesn't come out until September. It sounds - extremely sad, but also the description peaked my interest with a talk of an 'unexpected narrator' and the physics, apparently physics is now a weakness of mine or one of my buzz words/themes.
Goodreads

The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien
This sounds very interesting, also not out until September. Science Fiction, Dystopian - about a prestigious school where the lives of the students are televised.
Goodreads

Say Her Name by James Dawson
This plays off the urban legend of Bloody Mary, and I've read and watched a few things based on this and for some reason I kind of love it. And this sounds really good - horror, mystery.
Goodreads

Famous in Love by Rebecca Sterle
Okay this doesn't have the best reviews on goodreads, but I've read all of the normal person ends up dating famous person books and they're super addicting. Even though none of them are exactly what I want, This is What Happy Looks Like probably go the closest (the dealing with the paparazzi). So if you know of any, don't be shy, please, and let me know in the comments.
Goodreads

Harry's Last Stand: How the World My Generation Built is Falling Down, and What We Can Do to Save It by Harry Leslie Smith
I first heard about this from Leana at kissmyfrog (her YouTube channel, the specific video). It's an audiobiography and kind of a political essay, I think is a good way to describe it. I haven't read it, or even been able to buy it, but apparently it's very good - relevant and painfully truthful from what I've heard.
Goodreads

What have you discovered recently? And have you heard of / read / or just discovering these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment