Friday, July 25, 2014

Update Two: treesofreverie read-a-thon

My BookTubeAThon updates were also treesofreverie updates, but now that BookTubeAThon is over and I have read things to update you on. First off, I'm not going to list all the books I read during the week of BookTubeAThon, because I've already done that (at the bottom of this post there will be links to the BookTubeAThon updates, the wrap up has a list of all the books I read during that week).

Monday, July 21st - day twelve

Books:
Legends of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita #2) by Ben Hatke (started and finished - 224 pages)
The Return of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita #3) by Ben Hatke (started and finished - 240 pages)
Playing with Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant #2) by Derek Landy (started - 183 pages)

It was a much better reading day then I expected because I didn't actually start reading until 8pm, I took most of the day to relax after the insanity that was the last week. However - I got way more read then I expected. I really loved the Zita the Spacegirl series, and the ending left me very happy, I'd definitely recommend this series.

I feel like I accidentally was taking part in the UnderHyped read-a-thon, the whole Zita series don't have as many reviews as I expected. I'm not taking part in it officially, though, even though I'm going to be keeping up with the people that are - I'm thinking of continuing my reread of Cassie Clare's books and then moving onto the ones I haven't read (Never read Clockwork Princess, I just knew it was going to hurt, and now I only vaguely remember the first two books).

Total pages for the day: 647
read-a-thon total: 5,472

Tuesday, July 22nd - day thirteen
I did not get as much reading done today as I wanted to, or expected to. It ended up being a surprisngly stressful day, actually stressful enough I couldn't focus on reading (normally I read to ignore stress). Anyway - hopefully tomorrow will be better, though I did read some.

Books:
Playing with Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant #2) by Derek Landy (continued - 117 pages)

Day total: 117
read-a-thon total: 5,589

Wednesday, July 23rd - day fourteen
Another day! I got a surprising amount read, considering how much time I spent on my laptop.

Books:
Playing with Fire (SP #2) by Derek Landy (finished - 103 pages)
Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare (started and finished - 479 pages)

Day total: 582
read-a-thon total: 6,171
books finished: 20


Thursday, July 24th - day fifteen
And another day, another book finished, I'm weirdly proud of it considering how long it was! Though, Clockwork Angel was almost as long.

Books:
Clockwork Prince (ID #2) by Cassandra Clare (started and finished - 500 pages)

Day total: 500
read-a-thon total: 6,671
books finished: 21

I'm going to link my join BookTubeAThon / treesofreverie updates here, because I don't want to make this post longer by listing books I already have.
BookTubeAThon wrap up.
Day Six
Day Five
Day Four
Day Three
Day Two
Day One
First treesofreverieupdate

Challenges/Prompts I've completed:
Read a popular or well-known book
Read a book you’ve heard a lot of good things about
Read a book you’ve never heard of before
Read a book from your Goodreads to-read shelf
Read one of your best friend’s favourite books
Pick up a book that looks like a fun/light read
Pick a colour and choose a book with that colour on it’s cover
Read a book you’ve been meaning to read
Finish an entire book in ONE day
Read a book by an author you haven’t read before
Read outside (this one didn't last long, because sunlight, bugs)
Read out loud (read a minimum of one full page!)
Finish a book in a series you’ve not yet completed
Read a graphic novel or manga
Read a book in the Fantasy genre
Read a book in the Contemporary genre
Read a book written by or focusing on POC
Take pictures of your reading progress
Show off your books by taking more pictures
Read a book you’ve been avoiding
Read a book with an LGBTQ+ character

No comments:

Post a Comment