Monday, July 14, 2014

First update: treesofreverie read-a-thon

I decided against doing daily updates, because I knew I wasn't going to be splurging to read all the books, all the time, because this is a long read-a-thon and I didn't want to make my slump worse. I wanted to kind of nudge back into reading so I could finally get some done, and these seems like a very casual and fun read-a-thon, and so far it is.

So I'm going to update the last few days in the style of how I'd do my Bout-of-Book updates but a tad tweaked.

Day One
I started and finished Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg (278 pages), which was fun and a fast read (3/5 stars) to get me started with a book finished, and I've had this on my shelf for probably over two years now, I'm glad I was finally able to read it.

I didn't get much else read before day one ended because I've been trying to write at least 1k everywhere, 2k is better, and I didn't want to give that up right away, maybe for some days.

Total pages read as of day one: 278

Day Two
I had a bout of insomnia so from about 1am to 4am, I was awake with nothing to do, mostly just browsing through social media aimlessly, before deciding to read a book. I started and finished Girl with Guitar by Caisey Quinn (210 pages), which I also gave 3/5 starts. It was fun and quick, and was apparently my first New Adult book.

I also read slightly more, after getting some sleep, The Queen of the Tearling. I'd had an eARC and was reading it, but I got stalled in it for some reason, just shy of halfway through, but it's a book I want to take slow and savor because it's fantastic so far. I'm not even done, but I'd highly recommend it. I read  pages of it today, so that means...

Pages read on day two: 243
Total pages read as of day two: 521

Day Three
Well now - day three! Normally I start out the day by reading during a read-a-thon, but today was a tad different because I'm going to LeakyCon at the end of the month and a certain thing went on sale for the conference today - and so I spent the morning freaking out about it, it happened and I got 2/3 people in our group them, and then spent a lot of the day calming down. Because apparently that's how I am, just thinking about it now is causing more stress (I'm writing this the same day and it's about 5pm and I feel so bad about not getting all three but it did sell out n like 7 minutes).

And now we're going to stop talking about this because I'm sure none of you care, I'm sorry, onto the book/reading I got done, which wasn't a lot.

The only thing I read was I started and finished Losing It by Cora Carmack, which I gave 2.5or3/5 stars.

Pages read on day three: 204
Total pages read: 725

Day Four
I decided, at the very beginning of the day, to focus more on preparing for the week / rest of the month. I'd decided to participating in the BookTubeAThon on top of this one, because it seemed like a lot of the bookish people I followed were doing that one, and that really pushes me to read more when everyone else is posting updates and talking about it and such, I love that.

And I might, hope but I'm not sure, to be posting daily updates. I'm going to just assume not in video form, since I still haven't started doing that, but there will be updates here in blog form. And tell me if you're participating and make sure to link me to your blog/YT channel/where you're updating.

Challenges/Prompts completed:
Book you've never heard of before
Fun/light read
a contemporary book

No comments:

Post a Comment