Monday, July 14, 2014

#BookTubeAThon | TBR and more

I cannot say no to a read-a-thon, apparently, which is just a tad ridiculous, in all honesty. Mostly because I am also participating in the treesofreverie read-a-thon (which is hosted on Tumblr, but it's everywhere). And if you've been following me at all, on anywhere, you know I don't stick to TBRs, normally a book or two, but never more then that, and I feel like read-a-thons are even worse for this.

I don't have really many goals or plans for this read-a-thon inside a read-a-thon (read-a-thonception) but I'd like to finish a book everyday. I'm going to list the challenges below and my plans on how to finish those, because I do loves the prompts/challenges for reading.

A book with pictures
I have kind of two options, though I do have quite a few still unread graphic novels, but I think it'll either be In the Shadows by Kiersten White and Jim Di Bartolo or Hyberbole and a Half by Allie Brosh.

Start and finish a series
I have a surprising amount of series that I just - have and haven't started or finished yet, but an even higher number of series that I've read the first or second book in. I have a few choices for this one, and I have made no decsion at all yet.
Shadow and Bones trilogy
The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy
Under the Never Sky Trilogy
Eon/Eona duology

Book With Red on the Cover
Well some of the books I've listed as possibly reading have read on the cover, so we're assuming I'll finish this somehow.

A book someone else picks out for you

I also have options for this, because variety is the point of this TBR. I asked my mom and my best friend. My mom picked Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi (weirdly good taste in books there, mom) and Haley picked The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider (don't throw anything, I know I know, but I always end up putting off books by people I know).

A book from a genre you haven't read much of this year
There are two genres I'm going to mention that I haven't read much of this year: horror and crime/mystery. If I got horror, I'll most likely read or reread something of Stephen King's and if I go crime/mystery probably the next In Death book.

A book to movie adaptation
I started a reread of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and never ended up finishing it and I kind of would (just the first book, of course, well for this week). And I do ridiculously enjoy that movie, as well, so that's kind of my only plan at the moment.

Read seven books
I'll definitely be getting there, I think, it is a goal of mine to read a book a day.

So that is my kind of plan for the BookTubeAThon, I've been holding off on reread The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson even though I'm also kind of dying to read it. I'm hoping to post daily updates, I don't know honestly how much I'll be getting read. Here's how the updates will go, the update for day one of the BookTubeAThon will go up on the second day and so on - this is how I do Bout of Books so if you've been on my blog before this shouldn't be weird. They're going to be a day delayed, probably posted early in the morning of the next day.

If you're doing the BookTubeAThon or the treesofreverie read-a-thon (or the underrated read-a-thon that starts on the 21st, that I am ridiculously considering), then make sure to leave a comment with your link below so I can check out your blog or YouTube channel

No comments:

Post a Comment