Friday, July 4, 2014

June 2014 Wrap-Up

Another month gone by! I read a lot of things this month, considering I reread the entire Fruits Basket mange, which is 23 volumes. And it was such a good month of reading for me. And mostly in the last two weeks. I wasn't feeling in the mood for reading after I finished my Fruits Basket reread, but then I was - and I kind of read all I could in that time. And ended up going on a contemporary binge - which isn't a genre I read a lot of just because I like fantasy aspects, but I wasn't feeling good so I wanted something easier to read, lighter, and contemporary has no intense world building.

So I'm going to list the books below:
  • Watchmen by Alan Moore (4/5)
  • Coffin Hill, Vol 1: Forest of the Night by Caitlin Kitteridge (4/5)
  • Fruits Basket Vols 1 - 23 by Natasuki Takaya (5/5)
  • Fire and Flood (Fire and Flood #1) by Victoria Scott (4/5)
  • Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour (5/5)
  • Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony (3/5)
  • The Inventor's Secret (The Inventor's Secret #1) by Andrea Cremer (5/5)
  • The Fear Trials (The Murder Complex #0.5) by Lindsay Cummings (3/5)
  • Steampunk Holmes: Legacy of the Nautilus by P.C. Martin (4/5)
  • Sea of Shadows by Kelly Armstrong (5/5)
  • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (reread - 5/5)
  • Burn for Burn by Siobhan Vivian, Jenny Han (3/5)
  • Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (5/5)
  • Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (3/5)
  • Rock On by Denise Vega (4/5)
  • Catch a Falling Star by Kim Culbertson (4/5)
  • This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (5/5)
  • Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (5/5)
I haven't reviewed any of them yet, but I'm rolling a few around in my head to review. If you want to see a review of a certain book - let me know.

Number of books read in June 2014: 40


I found my 'fancy' camera, and had the sudden urge to photograph everything. Not all the books I read were physical this month, but a large chunk of them were.
My favorite book I read this month - an amazing contemporary, which did kick off my contemporary binge.
Volume One and Twenty Three (the last one) of Fruits Basket - love this series, so glad I reread it.

No comments:

Post a Comment